Assistant Cropping Manager
- Broomehill, WA
- Family owned business
- Generous remuneration package
About the Company
Founded in 1921, our client is a family owned Merino & Poll Merino Stud. The property spans over 4,251 hectares running 2,300 Merino stud ewes, 650 Poll stud ewes and 1,500 commercial ewes. The cropping program consists of 2,600ha of wheat, barley, oats and clover.
About the role
Reporting to the Cropping Manager your primary role will be assisting in all day-to- cropping and activities, spraying activities and general farm maintenance.
- You will need a strong background in land preparation, spraying and planting activities, irrigation and agricultural chemical application in order to improve productivity, yield and quality
- Basic plant and equipment maintenance, in conjunction with structured daily checks
- Weekend work if required
Education / Experience / Skills
- AgSafe or ChemCert accreditation is required or the willingness to obtain
- Experience in the harvesting, handling and storing of grain, cereals, canola etc
- Heavy vehicle/driver’s license relevant to the machinery being operated
- Experience in sowing of crops and tractor operations
- Well-organised, self-motivated and reliable with good communication skills and a personable outgoing manner
Agribusiness Recruitment Pty Ltd thanks all applicants. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For confidential enquiries call Nick, Andrew, Greg or Peter on 08 8373 1122 and Email your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting J2548 or apply via www.agrecruit.com.au